Mardi Himal Trek at a glance
Trekking to Mardi Himal is real adventure to the classic trekking trail of Nepal. Situated on the lap of gigantic Mt. Fishtail and Mardi Himal, the trek takes you through the lush green forests, Gurung village, and mountain views of course. The trek to Mardi Himal Base Camp is the hidden gem in Annapurna region of Nepal. Only few trekkers make it to the base of the Mardi Himal and enjoy the views of mountains, and landscapes. Mardi Himal Trek is relatively moderate level trekking which requires sound physical fitness.
The trek to Mardi, begins with the 30 minutes’ drive from Pokhara to Kande. Then, your trek begins with the first stop at Pittam Deurali. Pitam Deurali is a small villages, mostly are tea houses, which is also the trekking point of ABC trek. Leaving Deurali, the trail leads you through Low camp, High Camp and all the way to Mardi Himal Base Camp. The highest point of this trek is Mardi Himal Base Camp at 4500 meters. Capture the staggering views of mountain vistas while spending quality time at the Base Camp. Some trekkers, they just hike to upper view point of the Mardi Himal trek and return back.
Permit for Mardi Himal Trek
Trekkers apart from Nepali citizens need to have permit cards to trek in the Mardi Himal trekking trail. The permit cards are available at Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu or Pokhara. You need two permits for Mardi Himal Trekking. Classic Trek Nepal arranges your following permit card to trek to Mardi Himal.
TIMS Card: Trekkers Information Management System one of the permit cards you need to do all kind of trekking in Nepal. It costs you 15 USD which is equivalent to NPR 2000.
Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit Card: ACAP is the entry permit to enter the Annapurna Conservation Area. The ACAP costs you around 25 USD which is equivalent to NRP 3000.
Note: To get the permit card we need your Passport size photos and your passport copies.
What to expect in Mardi Himal Trek?
The Mardi Trek is newly founded trekking trail in the Annapurna region of Nepal. It takes you to the heart of Annapurna Himalayas. Trek to Mardi Himal offers scenic beauty of Mountain vistas like Mt. Annapurna, Mardi Himal, Mt. Fishtail, and Hiunchuli. Similarly, the trail to Mardi Himal Base Camp is easy to Moderate. The beginning part of the trek is quite easy but while walking to Mardi Base Camp, you can find some difficulty. The hospitality and the culture of the local people makes this trek even more fascinating. They offer you warm greetings and teach you the local culture, offers you local meals, traditions and lifestyle. Although, the tea houses and lodges are basic, their hospitality is incomparable.
When to trek to Mardi Himal?
Autumn Season (September-Late November) and Spring season (March- Mid May) are the best time to do trekking in the Himalayas of Nepal. So, the best time to do Mardi Trek is either Autumn and Spring. Some trekkers choose to do this trek during the winter (December-February) as well. But there is always risk of snowfall and freezing cold during the winter. However, if you are planning to do trek during June-July, the monsoon season, we don’t recommend it. During monsoon, the trails are muddy and full of leaches.
Tips for Mardi Himal Trek:
- Requires Necessary Permits: Attain the necessary trekking permits before heading to Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek. Annapurna Conservation Area Project and Trekkers Information Management system are the two required trekking permit card. Classis Trek Nepal will arrange you the necessary permit cards and paper work.
- Stay hydrated: Makes yourself hydrated and drink plenty of water during the whole trek to avoid altitude mountain sickness. Moreover, eat healthy and hygienic as well. Focus on eating veg items throughout the trek.
- Always plan a good itinerary: Planning your itinerary which is suitable for you always plays crucial role for your successful trek. We help you to make tailor made itinerary that suits your time and interest.
- Hike at your own pace: Walking slowly by acclimatizing yourself is a very big crucial. It avoids from getting sickness or dizziness. If you feel the symptoms of sickness climb down to lower altitude immediately.
- Always trek with a guide: Classic Trek Nepal provides you licensed and professional guide who helps you to get the knowledge about the whole trek. Even if trekkers get altitude sickness, our guide are trained to handle the situation and help the trekkers. And, incase of emergency guide helps you to manage the emergency rescue from Helicopter.
- Don’t overpack: Always remember, Mardi Himal trek is 5 to 7 days of trek. So, pack your gear wisely. Better to have warm jackets, sleeping bags, thermal layers, gloves, trekking poles, etc. You don’t need big trekking gear.